Challah French Toast
Challah is an all-time favorite treat! Enjoyed on Shabbat and during the week. Enjoy this tasty French Toast recipe you can quickly cook up with some Challah bread.
Ingredients:A large loaf of Challah cut into 10-12 slices
1 ½ Cups Milk
1 ½ Teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Confections Sugar (optional)
Whip Cream (optional)
Fresh Berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large shallow bowl mix together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla & cinnamon.
- Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter & 1 tablespoon oil in a very large skillet pan over medium heat. Add the soaked bread and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, till nicely browned.
- Placed the cooked French Toast on a sheet pan, and keep warm in the oven. Fry the remaining soaked bread slices, adding butter and oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve Hot with maple syrup and your desired toppings.